sábado, 14 de febrero de 2015

Relative pronouns in songs **WITH KEY!!**

Are you up for a musical challenge? If so, how many of these songs/artists do you know? Play the video and find out how musically smart you are.

If you think that was easy, then try and discover the relative pronouns hidden in the songs. Remember that some of them are omitted, so that is going to be quite tricky.

Last but not least, you can also improve your listening skills while listening to songs. Visit lyricstraining and have fun!




***


A POSSIBLE LESSON PLAN

1. Watch the video.

2. How many artists/songs appearing in the video do you know?

3. Watch the video again. Put the verses in the document below in the correct order as they appear in the video. You can divide students into teams, or use only some of the verses. There are a lot!


4. Make sure you are right. Then, read the verses and locate the relative pronouns and their function in the verse. If the relative pronoun is omitted, explain why. 

***


KEY ARTISTS / SONGS / VERSES (Links to lyrics included):

1. 'Happy' - Pharrell Williams

It might seem crazy what I’m about to say 
 I'm a hot air balloon that could go to space 
 Clap along if you know what happiness is to you
 Clap along if you feel like that's what you wanna do

2. 'Stairway to Heaven' - Led Zeppelin

There's a lady who's sure all that glitters is gold
With a word she can get what she came for

3. 'Just the Way You Are' - Bruno Mars

When I see your face there's not a thing that I would change
You're amazing  just the way you are

4. 'Crazy' - Aerosmith

There was a time when I was so broken hearted
All I want is someone I can't resist 
I know all I need to know by the way that I got kissed

5. 'Every Breath You Take' - The Police

Every breath you take - Every move you make 
Every bond you break - Every step you take
Every word you say - Every game you play

6. 'The Reason' - Hoobastank

There's many things I wish I didn't do

7. 'Sweet Child of Mine' - Guns N' Roses

She's got a smile that... 
Childhood memories where everything was as fresh as the bright blue sky

8. 'Bleeding Love' - Leona Lewis

I don't care what they say - I’m in love with you 
My heart's crippled by the vein that I keep on closing

9. 'I Say a Little Prayer' - Aretha Franklin

The moment I wake up

10. 'The Logical Song' - Supertramp

They showed me a world where I could be so dependable 
There are times when all the world's asleep

11. 'Hole in My Soul' - Aerosmith

There's a hole in my soul that's been killing me forever 
It's a place where a garden never grows

12. 'I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For' - U2

I still haven't found what I'm looking for

13. 'Stay with Me' - Sam Smith

Oh, won't you stay with me? 'Cause you're all I need

14. 'You're Still the One' - Shania Twain

You're still the one I run to - The one that I belong to 
You're still the one that I love - The only one I dream of
You're still the one I want for life 
You're still the one I kiss good night

15. 'Viva la Vida' - Coldplay

For some reason I can't explain 
That was when I ruled the world

16. 'Wonderwall' - Oasis

I don't believe that anybody feels the way I do about you now 
All the roads we have to walk are winding
All the lights that lead us there are blinding 
There are many things that I would like to say to you
Maybe you're gonna be the one that saves me

17. 'Yellow Submarine' - The Beatles   

In the town where I was born lived a man who sailed to sea

18. 'Wrecking Ball' - Miley Cyrus   

All I wanted was to break your walls - All you ever did was wreck me

19. 'My Way' - Frank Sinatra 

I'll state my case, of which I'm certain 
I've lived a life that's full

1 comentario: